Like it or not, we are all in sales… so the question is how do you serve better in order to sell more? How do you grow the lifetime value of a client? You will love this episode because increasing existing business is the easiest way to grow. In each episode of The Smarter Sales Show, you will get tech and technique to sell more and stress less. Here are the highlights of this episode…
Technique Tips from Merit:
- Serving clients well is really the key to growing sales.
- To grow your businesses with existing clients, first solve the problem they hired you to fix and then upsell additional offerings.
- If we’re not serving our clients, delivering on what we’ve initially promised, then there is nothing more they’re going to want to do with us.
- You don’t get any extra credit until the original job is done.
Technology Tips from Julie:
- Customers that have exceptional salespeople are ten to fifteen times more likely to remain loyal.
- One of the challenges I would encourage everyone to take on is not only capturing what success looks like, but how will success be measured.
- Capture metrics in your CRM system, Excel, GoogleDocs or Office.
- If you don’t have your photo in your signature on your emails, go do that right now.
- Do more video messages, incorporate your humor and your personality into those messages.
Smarter Sales Soundbites:
“I want to solve the problem that you hired me to solve. And then if you’re open to it, I would like to have two other conversations with you. One about who else you might know that I would be able to help in similar way and also what else you and I might do together to expand on the solution that is now in place and delivering the result that I promised.”
“70 percent of the time when a customer leaves an organization it is because they believe that they’ve had poor service and almost always that is attributed to the salesperson.”
“One of the things that every customer needs once they’ve joined you is reinforcement that they have made a good decision. They’ve got to demonstrate that success, not just for them, but for us as well.”
“Measure the indicators on the way to the results.”
“Good customer service is just an integral part of being a professional salesperson.”
Referenced in this Episode:
Myth Shift: Challenging The Truths That Sabotage Success by Merit Kahn (formerly Merit Gest)
Find us at:
Contact us at:
Connect with us on LinkedIn…