If you are frustrated about how to stand out from the sea of sameness and differentiate yourself and what you sell, this episode is for you! Don’t be different, be impressive. With clearly communicated expectations and some cool tech that will blow your prospect’s minds, you will stand out as the most impressive sales pro around!
In each episode of The Smarter Sales Show, you will get tech and technique to sell more and stress less. Here are the highlights of this episode on differentiation…
Technique Tips from Merit:
- The key to avoiding a price negotiation is making sure that you show up as different than all your competition and all the other salespeople out there.
- It’s not just about the product or service being different. It’s about the sales process, the mood, the tone that you set, the questions that you asked.
- Process differentiation is probably one of the most important things that sales professionals can do to really stand out and be above and beyond their competition
- To differentiate yourself and your sales process follow these steps:
- Tell the truth about how much time you have to talk
- Clearly articulate the purpose of the communication
- Discuss the agenda for the conversation
- Agree on an outcome and next steps
Technology Tips from Julie:
- Differentiation isn’t necessarily about being just different. Because different isn’t good or bad. It’s just different. I would encourage people to think about impressive.
- If you have a good strong technique, then technology can be that wow factor. The way that you leverage technology can be that impressive differentiator.
- Try video voicemail instead of traditional email follow up as a differentiator.
- Adam.ai can record your meeting, it can also pull out automatically all of the action items that get stated during your meeting. So you can record your meeting, you can get all of your action items, and it’s shareable.
- With Microsoft OneNote, I can have these templates pre-built. So I know as soon as I get on a call that those are the boxes I should be filling in. From a consistency perspective to make yourself a better salesperson
Smarter Sales Soundbites:
“If nobody sees you as different in the sales process, then it’s always going to come down to price.”
“I’ve narrowed it down based on features and functionality. And to be completely honest, I went with the one that sold better.”
“Just ask for what you really need.”
“What are you, as a sales professional, doing at any given point during the sales cycle, that you legitimately think your prospect would think, wow… that’s impressive.”
“There is a big difference between just being different and being impressive.”
Referenced in this Episode:
- Dubb – Video Email/Video Voicemail
- Adam.ai – Artificial intelligence meeting management suite
- Microsoft OneNote – Get organized with virtual notebooks
- Evernote – Get organized with virtual notebooks
Find us at:
Contact us at:
Connect with us on LinkedIn…