For this episode, we’re welcoming a very special guest Michael Vodianoi, research scientist Multi Health Systems, who will be telling us all about how you can use data to find the most important competencies you need to succeed in sales.
MHS is a leading publisher of scientifically validated assessments for more than 30 years with products sold in more than 75 countries and translated into over 50 languages. Michael will share:
· Top five Emotional Intelligence attributes for top performing sales professionals
· Why validated research matters more than your gut
· How to best use assessments to hire and develop talent
· Eight competencies you should look for when hiring salespeople
Merit’s Top Three Faves:
· The balance between empathy and assertiveness in virtual selling is key. We’re all so empathetic at the moment because of the pandemic, but we still have to be assertive enough to sell or make an offer.
· Michael’s data-driven approach has helped us to connect the dots and shown us how we can improve from a behavioral perspective as well as a competency perspective.
· Having access to a tool that can help us identify what the specific ways we can make the biggest improvements in the shortest amount of time is hugely useful!
Julie’s Top Three Faves:
· In virtual sales, the same competencies are important, but even more so.
· Now more than ever we have to be ultra aware so we can leverage that concentrated aptitude and take advantage of it or find out where our gaps are so we can improve on them
· Whether it’s person-to-person or behind a computer screen, the concept of humans interacting with other humans is never going to go away.
Smarter Sales Soundbites:
“Too many people focus on the tactics when selling, when they need to look at the competencies they need to strengthen.”
“Having an impartial view on who we are and how we approach selling is so valuable if you want to improve.”
Cool Tools Referenced in this Episode and Michael’s contact details:
MHS assessments: https://mhs.com/
LinkedIn Michael: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mvodianoi/
Michael’s email: mailto:michael.vodianoi@MHS.com
Find us at:
Contact us at:
Connect with us on LinkedIn…