The top performers in every field have coaches who have helped them get to the top. Learn how to give coaching, how you can use tech as a coaching tool and why coaching is important to your success. You will get tech and technique to sell more and stress less. Here are the highlights of this episode…
Technique Tips from Merit:
· Getting the right coach for the right application is job number one.
· The questions that your coach will ask should be questions that open up your ideas or create new possibilities that you may not have seen before.
· Be specific with your coach about what you’re looking to accomplish in that coaching relationship.
· In the real world, things are happening very fast and we don’t have the luxury of time trying to figure this out on our own, so Prescriptive Coaching is a great solution.
· When practicing a technique with someone you are coaching, always demonstrate the technique first.
· The Commend and Recommend technique: Find something to commend and something else you can recommend for their improvement.
· Before I tell you what I heard in that practice session, tell me, what you think you did really well in that practice session and where do you think you could make an improvement?
Technology Tips from Julie:
· When you are give feedback on anything, be as specific as possible.
· Don’t just say, “you did a good job with dinner” instead, say, “Wow. I really love that you actually set the table and really thought about how the food was going to look on the plate.”
· Tech can help you capture information for coaching sessions
· Tech can help you scale that information and aggregate that information, not only so that you can provide better feedback one on one, but also so that you can provide almost globalized coaching.
· Use technology and tools to record sales conversations and analyze them.
· Analyze the language that’s being used and the tone of the call. The system can listen to the words and the cadence and the speed. And if you combine that with your sales analytics, it can tell you the questions that actually generate the best results.
Smarter Sales Soundbites:
“Sometimes we get so caught up in the way the world looks from our chair that we just forget to have a look around us and to see the world from a different perspective or to even see our own behavior and own strategies from a different perspective.”
“Coaching can be one minute of genius that you share with someone, or it could be an actual program that spans months or years of dedicated and specific coaching protocols.”
“A coach is going to see something that might be right in front of you the whole time and invisible to you.”
“A good coach doesn’t want to work with you forever. I want you to outgrow me. I want you to get my lessons so deep in your bones that you don’t remember how you had a sales call any other way. And then I know you don’t need me anymore.”
“Merit, you’re like Mary Poppins for sales.”
Referenced in this Episode:
Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill https://www.amazon.com/Think-Grow-Rich-Original-RevisedTM/dp/0990797600/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2DV7YT751YI1R&dchild=1&keywords=think+and+grow+rich&qid=1595391242&sprefix=think%2Caps%2C193&sr=8-5
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Find us at:
Contact us at:
Connect with us on LinkedIn…